Tiso Blackstar Group’s Annual Recruitment Awards, otherwise known as the AMARA’s, once again celebrated the achievements of recruitment industry professionals at a formal awards event held at the Park House of Events in Hyde Park, Gauteng. The AMARA’s are the leading awards recognition for outstanding service and achievement in the South African recruitment industry, across both the public and private sectors – where individuals, agencies and print advertising creativity are celebrated. The Awards were MC’d by popular comedian, Loyiso Madinga, with DJ Goldbear providing the after-party entertainment.
Reardon Sanderson, General Manager of Group Sales & Marketing at Tiso Blackstar says, “The costs of replacing and appointing new talent can have significant bottom-line implications for businesses, which makes it imperative for HR to bring the most suitable hires on-board from the get-go. And an effective print recruitment ad is the first step in a successful process. This is why we feel the need to honour those individuals and agencies that show a deep understanding of the employment sector, and how to match the right individuals to the right job.”
The 2018 AMARA judging panel - comprising Nikki Munsie, Ross Mengel, Ian Mann, Dr Kgomotso Kasonkola, and Monalisa Zwambila - shortlisted the finalists for the Best Creative Recruitment adverts in the private, public and education sectors.
“The ads that we selected, we felt did the job well,” says Ian Mann who believes an ad should aim to attract the right quality candidates, and not focus necessarily on quantity of applicants for a position.
Voting for the category winners was then opened up online, for input from the public and other industry professionals.
The AMARA winners for 2018 are:
Best Recruitment Advertising Agency
• Winner – Ultimate Recruitment Solutions
• 1st runner up – Gear Advertising
• 2nd runner up – Basadzi Personnel
Best Newsprint Creative: Private Sector
• Winner – Human Communications for Pannar Seed
• 1st runner up – Gear Advertising for Academic Partners
• 2nd runner up – Gear Advertising for AC Witcher
Best Newsprint Creative: Public Sector
• Winner – Human Communications for the Road Traffic Infringement Agency
• 1st runner up – Human Communications for the National Treasury
• 2nd runner up – The Working Earth for SANBS
Best Newsprint Creative: Education Sector
• Winner – Gear Advertising for the University of Cape Town
• 1st runner up – Working Earth for Crawford College
• 2nd runner up – Human Communications for the Central University of Technology
The Publisher’s Award went to Rirhandzu Mashaba of Whoodoo Media and Advertising, while Tsele Consulting was the recipient of the Rising Star Award.