The top ten finalists in the Sunday Times Goodlife Gautrain Taste Experience have been announced, and celebrity chef Dorah Sitole will be among the panel of judges who’ll be deciding which original dessert will earn its creator the biggest share of the R11,000 prize money.
- Willem Boonzaier from Johannesburg, with Date and nut pudding in a pot
- Demi Engelbrecht from Pretoria, with All aboard the berry express!
- Adél February from Cape Town, with Naartjie tail lights with spiced chocolate sauce
- Jessica Govender from Durban, with End of the line sweet bread pudding
- Jenny Kay from Johannesburg, with Fast track tipsy tart roll
- Lucille Kistiah from Johannesburg, with Letting off steam churros
- Monyane Mbele from Johannesburg, with Strawberry cheesecake parfaits
- Boitumelo Tseleng from Johannesburg, with Himbasha with custard
- Margaret Angela Clare Weisswange from Port Elizabeth, with Chooco mousse express
- Jeannette Marie Wentzel from Pretoria, with End of the line saucy whisky chocolate pudding
“Last year the campaign was well received, and we are excited to be part of the Sunday Times Goodlife Taste Experience again this year. As a public transport mode, the Gautrain strives to provide a service that is quick ,safe and reliable that provide our passengers with an opportunity to focus on other leisure activities that foster a healthier lifestyle as Sunday Times Goodlife represents,” says Dr Barbara Jensen, Gautrain Management Agency Senior Executive Manager for Communication and Marketing.
This year’s Sunday Times Gautrain Taste Experience winner will also be announced in the Sunday Times after the event.